PHP is an open source server-side scripting language used to create web applications. Among many other technologies that are available to develop web applications, PHP and MySQL are generally considered as an ideal platform for website development because it is open source and is affordable web development technology as compared to others. Based on the statistical data available on various websites, PHP is most commercially used server-side programming language for website development.
The scope of PHP is always increasing because most of the small sized companies need websites at an affordable cost which is possible with PHP. There are many popular open source CMS developed using PHP platform like WordPress, Joomla, Magento, Drupal. We can also find some of the open source ecommerce applications like Magento, OSCommerce, ZenCart, PrestaShop, OpenCart. Along with it PHP has also some of the popular frameworks like code igniter, Yii, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP that has made PHP as a strong web application development tool. A large pool of web developers around the world has been using these CMS and framework. Some of the popular application like Facebook and Yahoo uses PHP as a programming language for their websites. Thus the market of PHP is ever booming and has been gaining more popularity every day. Moreover PHP is also one of the most popular programming language for developing web applications in our country Nepal.
Our training programs are professional and job oriented. Therefore, after completing this course student will be able to develop all kinds of web applications.
- To execute programs written in PHP.
- To work with MySQL database and perform CRUD Operation from PHP.
- To acquire PHP programming skills required to develop websites and web applications.
- To develop a Content Management System.
- To understand concepts of session, cookies, emailing, etc.
- Be able to test and debug a PHP application.
Who can join PHP Training?
- The course is undertaken by students who want to develop web applications.
- Web Designers who don't know PHP programming can join PHP course and convert static website into dynamic website.
Prerequisites: Students who wants to join PHP course are expected to have the concept of HTML and CSS. If they don't have these concepts, we will provide one week training in HTML, CSS and basic programming prior to start PHP course.
Module 1: Concept of HTML and CSS
The concept of HTML and CSS is important for the presentation of information on the web. PHP Training will begin with the introduction of HTML and CSS. The objective of html and css training is to create a simple website layout. After the basic HTML and CSS training, the instructor will show how to use HTML and CSS to create web templates. Website layouts are developed by designers. However, programmers who have a basic understanding of html and css will find easy to customize the website layout as per the need during the website development. Thus our PHP and MySQL training starts with the concept of html and css which requires one week in average to learn.
- Concept of HTML
- Paragraph Tag, Heading Tag, Image Tag, Anchor Tag
- Lists Tag, Table tag, colspan, rowspan
- HTML Forms
- Concept of table-less design using DIV
- Concept of CSS
- Use of External, Internal and Inline Style
- Designing div based 2 or 3 column layout in HTML/CSS
- Menu Designing using CSS
Module 2: Fundamental Concepts in PHP
You will begin writing PHP code from this session. The fundamental concepts such as writing variables, loops, functions, arrays are similar to other programming languages like Java, .NET, Python, etc.
- Concept of Web and setting up server environment
- Creating and Running Basic PHP Scripts from a Web Page.
- Formatting PHP Outputs using HTML
- Working with Variables, Global Variables and Constants
- Concatenation Operator and other Operators
- Escape Sequences
- Conditional Statements
- Control Statements(loops)
- Built-In Functions and Defining Functions
- Working With Files
- Arrays(Numeric Array/Associative Arrays/One dimensional/two dimensional)
- Passing HTML Form inputs to PHP Scripts with GET/POST
Module 3: Database Concepts using MySQL
MYSQL is another popular open source database software which is preferred while building database-driven websites or web applications. Thus, the knowledge of MySQL database is given to students during this training module. It is fast and reliable and integrates well with PHP. PHP provides the business logic whereas MySQL provides the space where data is stored physically. Database is often termed as "back-end" while developing an application software.
- Introduction to Database and MySQL
- Using Phpmyadmin panel
Writing SQL to
- Create Database
- Table with Primary keys and Auto-Increment
- Insert Records
- Select Data (Using Operators such as "Between, Like, In")
- Sorting Query Results
- Limit Query Results
- Update Data
- Delete Data
- Aggregate functions
- Create Foreign Key and Cascading concepts
- SubQueries and Join(Inner Join, Outer Join)
- Concept of Normalization
After completing this module students will create normalized database, create relationships and write all kinds of SQL like joins, sub-queries and other complex queries.
Module 4: CRUD Operations / Database Operations with PHP
This section explains how to set up a connection from PHP with MySQL database. During this training module we show how to use PHP to interact with MySQL. This is the most important section of the PHP MySQL training because almost all applications developed requires database operations listed below.
- Adding Data in Mysql Table and Displaying the data
- Displaying data in HTML table
- Editing Data in Database
- Deleting Data in Database
- Concept of Hidden Field
Module 5: Common Tasks and Logical Practices
Developing web application is not enough. You need to incorporate all the features and functionality that make the website more usable. In this part of the training, you will be acquainted with the most common features used in website development.
- Populating database records in a drop down box
- Set Selecting data in drop down box
- Delete multiple records via checkbox
- SQL concatenation
- Debugging Practices
Module 6: Emailing Concepts
After providing the basic emailing concepts, the instructor will demonstrate how to implement the concept of email in different sections of the website. For example we can send the data of a contact form to the website owner via email.
- What is Emailing ?
- Creating a Contact/Feedback Form
- Plain Text email and Emailing with extra headers
Module 7: Making Authentication Module
Authentication means the process of preventing onauthorized access to the website. You might have gone across several websites where you need to verify yourself before using the different sections of the website. For example while using Google mail we have to authenticate to access our emails. After this training session, you will be able to create an authentication system using PHP and MySQL.
- Making a Registration Form and Saving encrypted password in database
- Making a Login Form and validating login
- Concepts of Session and Maintaining Session for Pages
- Use of Session to disallow unrestricted access to website
- Concept of logout using session
- Concept of Cookies
- Cookie Management
- Change and Update Password
Module 8: Report Generation
Learn to generate different types of reports based on the requirement of the client. This training section includes concept of grouping records using concept of pagination, sorting and filter to find records quickly.
- Sorting records displayed in Report (Single Field, Multiple Field)
- Adding search box to filter result (Single, Multiple)
Adding Pagination to search result displayed in Report
- Previous and Next Articles with pagination
- Current Active page
Module 9: Managing Files and Pictures
In this module student will write programs to manage document and files in the website. This is also an important part of PHP course as image upload is used in almost every web application.
- What is Graphic Library?
- Uploading image file
- Deleting image file
- Creating Albums
- Uploading image to Album
- Managing images (e.g. delete, update) in Album
- Uploading Multiple images to Album
- Various Dialog Boxes
- Events and Event Handling
Module 11: jQuery and PHP Integration
In order to create animated effects in web pages, the concept of jQuery is necessary. PHP Training course includes jQuery Training so that students learn to integrate jQuery in their websites.
- Introduction to jQuery and its uses
- Integrating jQuery Slider, rotater and other jQuery animations.
- Creating a Dynamic jQuery Slider
- Various other dynamic implementation of jQuery
Module 12: Ajax Concepts
PHP uses Ajax technology to generate faster response. The knowledge of Ajax is important not only in PHP, it is applicable in programming in other platforms.
- Concepts of Ajax
- Using Ajax to fetch data from database
- Using Ajax to fetch data from database and display into drop down box
- Various implementation of Ajax
Module 13: PHP CMS Development
In this module we will teach students how to create a custom a custom content management system with PHP and MySQL.
- Menus and Articles Development Dynamically
- Creating Database and tables for CMS
- Integrating a website template in the front end
- Integrating a administrator template at the backend
PHP Programmer (Web Developer)
PHP Training course is best suited for a candidate seeking a career in IT Companies as a web developer. There are lots of vacancies for PHP programmers in IT companies of Nepal.
I had a good knowledge of PHP Programming at college, but after the training I found myself at a different level in programming. I was good at theoretical aspect but now i more good at creating projects based on requirements.
Bhoj Raj Bhatta
It was a great experience learning PHP programming in IT Training Nepal.
Date:14th August 2012