Why Quality Assurance Training?
With the growth of Software industry and the number of software application and products being launched is also rising. This has indeed created stiff competition among software producers and has allowed user to have the power of preference. Thus, the need of maintaining standard of software has evolved as well the upgrade in the quality of software. In addition, use of quality assurance methods will save time, effort and money of organization dealing with software.
IT Training Nepal has been providing Quality Assurance Training to IT graduates and software professionals planning to make career in software testing and Quality Assurance. The main objective of this training is to develop software professionals and managers who will have thorough understanding of testing approaches and methods that can be integrated into software cycle. They will be able to build appropriate testing methods and access the functionality of design applying various testing techniques.
How this Quality Assurance training is conducted at IT Training Nepal?
This Quality Assurance Training course is essentially designed to provide the knowledge of concepts and then the knowledge of tools and techniques related to quality of a software product. This course will provide students with the industry practices on testing and performing necessary modification so as to prevent mistakes or defects in the software products and avoid problems while delivering solutions or services to customers.
During the training, students are given sample software product that is under construction and are introduced to quality assurance procedures. This course deals the software quality assurance procedures in two states; first in pre-production and second in production stage. During the pre-production, tools, techniques and procedures of verifying requirements and specifications are demonstrated and discussed at length. During the production stage, students are introduced to measurement, comparison with set standards, monitoring of processes and accessing feedback to ensure error reduction and elimination
of the software product.
Our syllabus has been designed to bridge gap between professional practices and academic learning for students and fresh graduates. Similarly, professionals working in IT sector can use this training to upgrade their knowledge and learn new methods and approaches. The guest lectures from industry experts will provide students with insights on current trends, appropriate tools and techniques for implementing knowledge. Our instructional methodology based on hands-on exercise and real time work exposure will help you to understand the fundamentals and master the skills required in the work scenarios.
After the completion of training students will be able to:
- Use general software testing principles and approaches.
- Obtain customer need specification and develop use case scenarios
- Apply and schedule specific test type and develop software testing models.
- Coordinate between technical professional and users
- Use testing methods to determine and maintain quality of products.
- Perform monitoring and controlling based on feedback obtained
Who can join Quality Assurance?
This course is specially designed for students and professionals who intend to work or work in specific jobs that require planning, developing, executing and analyzing software quality or standard and need to implement various testing to ensure the quality. This course is highly recommended for software testers, programmers, lead testers, quality specialist and software project managers and procurement officers.
This training is high level professional course so basic knowledge of software development and models is desired. Knowledge of programming language and familiarity of sequential flow of logic is a plus.
Module 1: Software Testing Fundamentals: Week 1
Software Quality Assurance Basic concepts
- What is software testing/ Quality Assurance?
- What are bugs, defects and why QA are required?
- When Should Testing Occur?
- What is STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle)?
- AUT, Types of Testing and Agile Methodology
- V Model of Software development and Testing Phases
- Prerequisites to test planning
- Write the Test Plan
- Developing Test Scenario
Module 2: Test Artifacts: Week 2
- What are Functional Requirements Document, Technical Requirement Documents
- Roles of a Business Analyst (BA), Technical Architect, Developer, Tester
- Understand various SDLC models
- Waterfall Model, Iterative Model, V Model, Spiral Model.
- Rapid Application Development, Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming
- How to write a Business Requirement Document (BRD)?
- How to write a Functional Requirement Document (FRD)?
- How to write a System Requirement Specification (SRS)?
- What are Test Scenarios and Test Cases?
- Test case Design
- Building test cases (with Practical scenario examples)
- Test execution
- Using Trello for project management
Module 3: Version Control: Week 3
- Defect management, Change management, Version control
- Overview of Test management and bug tracking tools
- Reporting bugs using Bugzilla
Reporting bugs using JIRA
- What is JIRA? Importance, Need of JIRA.
- Installing JIRA?
- How to create a JIRA project?
- Adding a Column to a Board
- Adding Users to our JIRA Account.
- Understanding the various stages or states of a defect.
- Adding Issues/Bugs to the JIRA project.
- Attaching screenshots to the Bugs in JIRA.
- Assigning, closing, adding comments, effort etc to the JIRA bugs.
- Importance of JIRA dashboard for a quick view.
- Classifying defects into Critical, Major, Minor etc.
- JIRA Agile
- How to create an Epic in Agile
- JIRA Scrum Vs JIRA Kanban
Using GIT for version control
- Create a new local repository
- Check out a repository
- Add files
- Connect to a remote repository
- Clone remote repository
- Advanced GIT commands
Module 4: Automation: Week 4
- Performance / Load testing using JMeter
- JMeter Introduction, Installation and Configuration
- Recording the Jmeter Scripts
- Threadgroup, listeners, Assertions controllers and Timers in Jmeter
- Timers usage in Jmeter
- Regular expressions & data driving - Advanced Jmeter-1
- Handling Dynamic Responses -A dvanced Jmeter-2
- Beanshell Scripting basics for Jmeter
- REST API Load Testing using Jmeter
- Introduction to Selenium
- What is Selenium
- When selenium can be useful in testing
- Installing and configuring Selenium IDE & Firebug
- Understanding Selenium IDE windows
- Creating your First Selenium IDE script
- Understanding Selenium IDE Options dialog box
- How to use Locators in Selenium IDE
- How to enhance a script using Selenium IDE
- What next after Selenium IDE
- API testing using RequestBin
- API testing using Runscope
- Selenium IDE
Being from non IT background I was planning to take some training which will provide me the chance of getting jobs while in US. My friends referred to take Quality Assurance Training. I joined IT Training Nepal and the training went really well. I was able understand the concepts and to boost my confidence. Now I am working as Quality Assurance trainee here in US.
IT Training Nepal has played an important role in my career development. I am really thankful to the instructors, supervisors and management for helping me to purse my career as a Quality Assurance Expert.