Why Quality Assurance Training?
With the growth of Software industry and the number of software application and products being launched is also rising. This has indeed created stiff competition among software producers and has allowed user to have the power of preference. Thus, the need of maintaining standard of software has evolved as well the upgrade in the quality of software. In addition, use of quality assurance methods will save time, effort and money of organization dealing with software.
IT Training Nepal has been providing Quality Assurance Training to IT graduates and software professionals planning to make career in software testing and Quality Assurance. The main objective of this training is to develop software professionals and managers who will have thorough understanding of testing approaches and methods that can be integrated into software cycle. They will be able to build appropriate testing methods and access the functionality of design applying various testing techniques.
How this Quality Assurance training is conducted at IT Training Nepal?
This Quality Assurance Training course is essentially designed to provide the knowledge of concepts and then the knowledge of tools and techniques related to quality of a software product. This course will provide students with the industry practices on testing and performing necessary modification so as to prevent mistakes or defects in the software products and avoid problems while delivering solutions or services to customers.
During the training, students are given sample software product that is under construction and are introduced to quality assurance procedures. This course deals the software quality assurance procedures in two states; first in pre-production and second in production stage. During the pre-production, tools, techniques and procedures of verifying requirements and specifications are demonstrated and discussed at length. During the production stage, students are introduced to measurement, comparison with set standards, monitoring of processes and accessing feedback to ensure error reduction and elimination
of the software product.
Our syllabus has been designed to bridge gap between professional practices and academic learning for students and fresh graduates. Similarly, professionals working in IT sector can use this training to upgrade their knowledge and learn new methods and approaches. The guest lectures from industry experts will provide students with insights on current trends, appropriate tools and techniques for implementing knowledge. Our instructional methodology based on hands-on exercise and real time work exposure will help you to understand the fundamentals and master the skills required in the work scenarios.
After the completion of training students will be able to:
- Use general software testing principles and approaches.
- Obtain customer need specification and develop use case scenarios
- Apply and schedule specific test type and develop software testing models.
- Coordinate between technical professional and users
- Use testing methods to determine and maintain quality of products.
- Perform monitoring and controlling based on feedback obtained
Who can join Quality Assurance?
This course is specially designed for students and professionals who intend to work or work in specific jobs that require planning, developing, executing and analyzing software quality or standard and need to implement various testing to ensure the quality. This course is highly recommended for software testers, programmers, lead testers, quality specialist and software project managers and procurement officers.
This training is high level professional course so basic knowledge of software development and models is desired. Knowledge of programming language and familiarity of sequential flow of logic is a plus.
Module 1: QA Training Course Module
Software Quality Assurance Basic concepts
- What is software testing/ Quality Assurance?
- Why do we test software?
- What is a Defect?
- The multiple roles of the software tester (People Relationships)
- When Should Testing Occur?
- Testing Constraints
- Life Cycle Testing-SDLC
- Independent Testing
- Levels of Testing
- The “V” Concept of Testing
- Structural versus Functional Technique Categories
- Verification versus Validation
- Static versus Dynamic Testing
- Examples of Specific Testing Techniques
Create the Test Plan
- Prerequisites to test planning
- Understand the Characteristics of the Software Being Developed
- Build the Test Plan
- Write the Test Plan
Module 2: Designing Test Case and Reporting
- High level details into Requirements, Design, Build phases
- What are Functional Requirements Document, Technical Requirement Documents
- Roles of a Business Analyst(BA), Technical Architect, Developer, Tester
- Role of an IT department within any organization or any business model
- Understand various SDLC models
- Waterfall Model, Iterative Model, V Model, Spiral Model.
- Performing parallel software testing/STLC along with SDLC.
- Rapid Application Development, Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming
- How to write a Business Requirement Document (BRD)?
- How to write a Functional Requirement Document (FRD)?
- How to write a System Requirement Specification (SRS)?
- What is Test Cases
- Test case Design
- Building test cases(with Practical scenario examples)
- Test execution
- Test Reporting
Guidelines for writing test reports
1. Building Test Reports
2. Risks – Risk Analysis and Management with examples
3. User Acceptance testing (What is/ why we do) – in detail explanation with details
4. Case Study: Testing On Website Testing / Mobile Testing (Android / iOS/ Windows), Desktop Testing– with examples. Manual and Automation Testing Wherever Applicable.
Module 3: software automation testing
Automation Testing Basics
- Basics of automation testing – why, when and how to perform automation testing
- Factors for choosing a particular tool(on the basis of what you are going to test either CSS or HTML or other)
- An overview for the major functional testing tools
- Overview of Test management and bug tracking tools
Quality Center | HP ALM ? Test Management Tool
- Creating the requirements
- Writing the test cases
- Mapping the test cases and requirements
- Test execution
- Defect Reporting
1. Project Management Tools
- Redmine etc
2. Automation Tools
- W3c Css validator
- Html validator
- seosite checkup
- Selenium IDE
- Selenium Core
- Api Testing
- Client Rest Api (Using Post Man)
- Jenny motion
Selenium overview for automation testing tool
- Components in Selenium
- Architecture of Selenium IDE
- Record and Playback
- Object Identification
- Various commands in Selenium
QA/Manual Testing Course Content:
• What is JIRA?
• Why is JIRA needed?
• What is the importance of JIRA?
• How to install JIRA?
• What are the features of JIRA?
• How to create a JIRA project?
• Adding Users to our JIRA Account.
• Importance of Defect Life Cycle and understanding the various stages or states of a defect.
• Converting a Defect Life Cycle into JIRA workflow for a project.
• Adding Issues/Bugs to the JIRA project.
• Attaching screenshots to the Bugs in JIRA.
• Assigning, closing, adding comments, effort etc to the JIRA bugs.
• Importance of JIRA dashboard for a quick view.
• Classifying defects into Critical, Major, Minor etc.
• Basics of Regression Testing. What is Regression Testing?
• What are software release cycles?
• What is Test Case Management?
• What are the different phases in Test Case Management? Writing, Planning, Executing, Reporting, Maintaining.
• How to customize JIRA project to handle Test Cases?
• Working with Tasks and Sub-Tasks to simulate Test Cases in JIRA?
• Cloning a JIRA sub-task to create an issue.
• How to create a new Work Flow in JIRA?
• How to customize a JIRA Workflow by adding new states and transitions? Why is software test effort estimation important?
• What are the different factors in estimating software testing effort?
• How to classify a test case and identify the effort taken for it?
• Test automation efficiency over manual testing.
• Differences in estimation for manual testing and automation testing?
• How to create a new issue type in JIRA for Test Cases?
• What are JIRA Dashboards?
• Creating and customizing JIRA Dashboard
• Understanding JIRA filters. Creating and Saving JIRA Filters. Adding Filters to dashboards.
Module 4: QA advanced topics
QA Advanced Concepts
• How does software testing effort improve with every release?
• A sample Test Plan template.
• Preparing your resume.
• Applying for job.
• Attending interview.
• How to write Software Test Cases?
Basic concept testing-> BRD-> Testcase (excelsheet)->Testing (manual, automation) -> Reporting Bug (Trello,Jira,redmine) -> reverifying the bug resolved? -> Close the testing Cycle
· Basic notions: Quality Assurance, Detection vs. Prevention, Verification & Validation, testing
· Testing Concepts
o Definition, Types and Levels of testing, Black vs. White Box testing
· Test Techniques
o White Box techniques
o Black Box techniques
· Test Planning
o Test Plans
o Test Design Specifications
o Test Cases
· Test Metrics
o Pre-process metrics: Estimation
o In-process metrics: Process Management
o End-process metrics: Process Improvement
· Test Management
o Test planning, resource management, test reporting, tools
· Test Automation
o What and How to automate
Being from non IT background I was planning to take some training which will provide me the chance of getting jobs while in US. My friends referred to take Quality Assurance Training. I joined IT Training Nepal and the training went really well. I was able understand the concepts and to boost my confidence. Now I am working as Quality Assurance trainee here in US.
IT Training Nepal has played an important role in my career development. I am really thankful to the instructors, supervisors and management for helping me to purse my career as a Quality Assurance Expert.