C Programming Training
C Programming language is one of the most used high-level programming languages developed at around 70's by Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson. It is a high level language but it is very close to assembly language. To run programs written in C, a C compiler is needed. C programming is written in procedural way. C has been the foundation of modern programming languages.
C programming language has been in use since many decades. C programming altogether provides the fundamental concepts of programming. It provides common ideas and logics in programming. Thus people find easy to start learning programming languages with C. Most colleges and universities prefer C programming language for developing logical reasoning and thinking capabilities in students. It can be termed as "Gateway course to Programming Language". Learning C programming will provide concepts of how the programming model works and will also give idea on how memory is managed in computer systems.
C Programming training is important for someone who does not know anything about programming and wants to make a career in programming field. C Programming helps you to understand the core concepts of programming i.e. data structures, statements, operators, loops, input, output and so on. Once you are familiar with C Programming Language then you can easily master or study other programming language yourself.
C is used as a programming language in wide range of platforms, like microcontrollers. It allows accessing the memory of computer system. C is used in developing robotic system and games. C programming is preferred as a programming language in device drivers of embedded system for hardware interfacing.
- To learn the syntax of C programming
- To understand how computer works at the grassroot level, how C allocates memory to store data, etc.
- To understand how things works in the system level.
Who can join C Programming Training?
- Fresh graduates and beginning programmers can start with C to learn fundmenatal concepts of programming. It will very easy with C to understand common ideas and logic in programming.
Prerequisites: This is a fundamental programming language so no prior knowledge of programming logic is required. C programming serves as foundation to programming language and computer programming, logical and mathematical aptitude will be beneficial while taking this training.
Module 1: Fundamental Concepts in Programming with C
Introduction to C
- Advantages of C Compiler
- Difference between Compiler and Interpreter
- Structure of a C Program
- Writing Programs in C
- Compiling C Programs to generate executable file
- Debugging C Program
- Running a C Application Program
Data Types and Variables
- Data Types and its importance
- Operands, Operators, and Arithmetic Expressions
- Input/Output in C
- getchar(), putchar(), getch(), getche() functions
- Taking Input using scanf() function
- Formatting output using printf() function
- Control-Flow Program Statements like if/ else, switch
- Looping Statements like for, while, do while
- Data-checking process
Modular Programming using Functions in C
- Functions in C
- Passing Data to Functions
- Passing address to functions to directly update the value in memory
- Introduction to Standard Library Functions
- Difference between user defined function and built-in functions.
Arrays, Pointers, and Strings
- Using Arrays, Strings, and Pointers in C Programs
Structures and Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Arrays of Structures
- Passing Structures to Functions
- Nesting Structures
- Dynamic Memory Allocation
The Preprocessor and Multiple-file Compilation
- The C Preprocessor and the #include and #define directives
- Global Variables and Variable Storage Classes
- Program Organization and Multi-file Compilation
- Command-line Arguments
- File Input and Output
- Combining Command-line Arguments and File I/O
C is fundamental programming language and students can develop programming concepts and logic and then move on to higher level languages. C programming being flexible and versatile language is extensively in various fields from microcontrollers to operating systems.
C is used in Embedded Systems, Browsers, instant messengers, high end games, graphics engines, kernels.
So, C programming lays foundations in following careers
- Embedded System
- Computer Programming
- Object Oriented Development
- Software Development