Diploma in Computer Application
In the recent years, the word "Innovation" has been most frequently used while talking about Information technology. Nowadays, computers and computer aided systems is used in all the areas of human life. The use of IT enabled devices requires human ability to handle them as well. Therefore it becomes utmost necessary to have a good understanding of computer applications.
Diploma in Computer application will give sufficient knowledge to work as a computer technician and support staff. The course will provide the skills to use various software and computer programs in an organization. This course will also be helpful for them who wants to pursue the path in computer application courses in their upcoming career.
Students will learn various programs like MS. Office, Web Designing, Web Development, Database, Web Hosting and Domain Registration and much more.
The courses is especially designed for:
- SLC Appeared Students: This course is especially helpful for SLC students to provide them sufficient knowledge in IT. Our course Diploma in Computer Application for SLC students is designed in such a way that it provides a very good base. They can understand the importance of IT and the use of IT in different areas. This will also help the students while selecting IT as a degree during their further students.
- +2 Result Awaiting Students: Students awaiting +2 results can join this course to gain knowledge about computer technology before joining undergraduate degree in computing.
The objective of this training is to provide sufficient information related to IT. This course is designed to provide sufficient base in IT so that later on students can easily make a decision in selecting IT as a degree for their higher studies. It provides information related to computer fundamentals, Office Package, Web Designing, Programming and Web based Application development.
Who can join Diploma in Computer Application?
All the students who have appeared SLC can join this course. Also people who want to gain sufficient knowledge in IT can also join this course. This is equally important for students who wants to know about IT before going for advanced courses in IT.
Module 1: Computer Fundamentals
- Introduction to hardware peripherals and how to remove or connect them in computer
- Manage proper folder structure to store files in order
- Searching files
- Setting user privilege based on the user type
- Installing and Uninstalling applications
- Configuring devices and installing device drivers
- Virus and security threats, using antivirus to avoid virus threats
- Manage backups of files to avoid from loss of data
- Accessing and sharing files in a network
- Printing documents using a network printer
- Setting printing preferences before printing
- Open printer cartridge to remove paper jams, replace printer cartridge
- Introduction to computer ergonomics, Health problems caused by computer and how to take precautions.
- Computer security issues
- Google Apps
- Convert word, excel or PowerPoint files to PDF
- Combine multiple PDFs
- Compressing documents using winzip or winrar to reduce size of the documents
- Uncompress documents
- Burning CDs and DVDs
- Writing files to CD or DVD using software like NERO
- Multimedia Projector
- Using multimedia projector to give effective presentations
Module 2: MS. Word
- Creating styles and formatting documents
- Creating Table of Contents, List of tables, list of figures
- Creating bibliography automatically
- Creating multiple header and footer in the document
- Track changes in the document documents
- Using smart art
- Creating flowcharts using basic shapes
Module 3: MS. Excel
- Using basic excel formulas to perform simple calculations
- Formatting cells to input types of values
- Using filters
- Sorting the records
- Inserting graphs
- Using page break preview to create boundary for pages in excel
- Printing pages in excel sheet
- Using If formulae, if - and formulae, sum, sum-if, sum - product
- Preparing result sheet, salary sheet
Module 4: MS PowerPoint
This module helps students to prepare effective presentation with professional approach. The knowledge of PowerPoint is very important for students going for higher studies.
- Creating effective Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Using background themes or templates, font style, color schemes for presentation
- Apply slide transition effect
- Create custom animation
- Create time based presentation using rehearsals
- Printing presentation in handout formats
- Set printing preferences to use less ink for draft copies
Module 5: Email/ Internet
- Introduction to browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- Knowledge of bookmarking, history, tabs
- Difference between http and https
- Sending email with attachments
- Introduction to POP, SMTP protocols, incoming mail server and outgoing mail server
- Configuring POP emails to outlook express
- Follow up emails in Outlook
- Schedule, coordinate and invite for meetings using outlook express
- Create a to do list using outlook express
- Using search engines to find the relevant content
- Using different searching patterns
- Collaboration using Google Docs
- Introduction to blog
- Use of Social media websites like Facebook, Twitter for online promotion of product/ services
Module 6: Web Designing
This module will provide students sufficient information related to publishing content on the web page. After the completion of this course, students can manage existing websites or can even design new websites. They can easily work as a website administrator.
- Bootstrap (Responsive Website)
- Develop a static website
Module 7: C Programming
This module is designed to provide programming knowledge to SLC students. After the successful completion of this module students can enter into the area of software or web application development.
- Data Types and Variables
- Displaying Output to user
- Getting input from the user
- conditional statements (if -else, nested if -else, switch statement)
- Repetition using for loop, while loop
- Use of functions
- Pass by Value, Pass by reference
Module 8: PHP MYSQL
This module is designed thinking that students can develop a web based application using php as a programming language and mysql database. After the successful completion of this course, students who are interested go further in programming/ software development field can go for other advanced courses.
- Introduction to MYSQL
- Importance of Database
- Creating database, tables
- using insert, update, delete sql statements
- Inserting data using PHP
- Selecting records from database using PHP
- Updating an information using PHP/ MYSQL
- Deleting existing records using PHP/ MYSQL
- Sending emails using PHP
- Develop a database driven (Dynamic) website using PHP/ MYSQL
Module 9: Graphics Designing
Students during this module will learn graphics designing tools like Adobe Photoshop. They will learn to design certificates, visiting cards, banners, website designs etc.
- Using photoshop tools
- Modifying Image resolution
- Color modes
- Designing Banners
- Designing websites
- Designing visiting cards
Students can start to work as office assistant, web designers, webmasters after the successful completion of this course. Students can also work from home as a freelancer part time after the completion of this course since it provides information on various areas in IT.