Joomla is an open source content management system (open source framework) developed using PHP and MySQL. Dynamic websites can be rapidly developed using this technology. These days a lot of small and medium sized organizations are developing their websites using this framework. Many software companies in Nepal use Joomla to create websites for clients. The main reason for using this CMS is that there are many free modules, plugins and components in Joomla that help us to achieve new functionality in the website easily without loss of time.
Joomla Training is mainly focused on teaching the Administration section. This will equip you with the knowledge of creating a website or a web based application. This is not a developer track, you need to refer to Advanced Joomla Training course if you are a PHP and MySQL programmer.
After Joomla Administration Training, you can easily develop websites that have wide range of functionality which otherwise would require the knowledge of programming if you were to build a website from scratch. Even the non-programmers can learn Joomla Administration and develop websites Joomla provides a ready-made CMS which otherwise would take lot of time if developed using custom programming from scratch. You can easily change the layout of the website by downloading and installing free Joomla templates. If you require a new functionality in your existing Joomla website, you can do it easily and quickly by installing modules and other types of Joomla extensions. For instance, if your website lacks video gallery you can search and download video gallery module in Joomla extension directory and use it.
This is a hands-on training course, therefore, the training sessions are mostly conducted using PowerPoint Presentations and demonstration. The training is conducted by professionals and experts from various software development companies in Kathmandu. All the resources and learning materials required during the training will be provided by the training institute.
It will normally take 1 to 1.5 months to complete the course. Joomla classes are available at Morning, Day and Evening Shift. Please visit our training center to find out more on Joomla Course.
Having completed Joomla course, students should be able to develop content management systems educational institutions, business and corporate houses, government and private organizations. Students should also be able to develop eCommerce application using Joomla.
Note: After completing the basic Joomla Training, student can join Joomla Advanced Training in which they learn about Joomla extension development and customization.
- Understand Joomla Administrative features
- Manage website content using Joomla CMS
- Install, upgrade and backup Joomla
- Develop website in Joomla from scratch
- Host and Manage Joomla website
- Get knowledge on finding Joomla resources like extensions
Who can join Joomla Training?
- Anyone who wants to develop websites by themselves without the hassle of learning programming languages.
- Owner of Joomla website developed by 3rd party.
- Web Master or IT personnel in an organization who is given the responsibility of maintaining Joomla websites.
- Small and medium sized businesses who wants to develop website in cheap cost and don't want to bear high cost for managing the website.
- PHP and MySQL Programmers who want to save time doing custom PHP websites from scratch.
- Web Designers who have little knowledge of PHP programming and wants to develop websites.
Prerequisites: While a basic HTML and CSS knowledge would be helpful, however it is not compulsory. Joomla based website development is actually intended for people who have little or no programming background. So there is no pre-requisites before joining Joomla Training Course. We assume that you have no experience of using Joomla beforehand.
Module 1: Joomla Administration Training
The course syllabus pertains to the latest Joomla version that is released at the Joomla official website. Some of the topics in the course outline may be excluded from the latest releases and therefore may not be covered in the training. However, we welcome queries from any version.
- Introduction to open source software and Joomla
- Joomla installation and setup
- Developing Sections, Categories and Articles
- Edit content using various WYSIWYG editor
- Load media and insert it into content
- Plan content with your visitors in mind
- Add Polls, Contact Forms
- Menu Manager, Add Menu and alias
- Managing Global configuration
- SEF urls
- Set keywords & descriptions
- Create image galleries
- Share documents for download
- Generating SEO friendly urls in Joomla
Module 2: Joomla Layout and Design
- Install and Manage Templates
- Change front page layout
- Customizing Joomla Template to match your need
- Change innerpage template as required
Module 3: Joomla Extension (Modules, Plugins and Component)
- What is extension?
- Installing Modules, Plugins and Components
- Configuring Parameters for Extensions
- Downloading Popular Extensions
Module 4: Project Work in Joomla
After the completion of the course, trainee will be associated in the project work where he or she will develop the projects as mentioned below.
- Educational website
- News Portal
- Trekking and Travel websites
This course is best suited for a candidate seeking a career in IT Companies as a Joomla developer. There is a great scope for candidates having knowledge of Joomla. Many web development companies in Kathmandu are working in Joomla Platform to create websites and web based application. Having completed this course, one can work as a Joomla developer with an starting salary ranging from 10K to 15K.
Moreover, learners having knowledge of Joomla along with PHP are more likely to get a better position in a web development company. .