Want to learn to develop a website without writing a single line of code? Are you seeking for a Joomla training institute in Kathmandu to learn website development in Joomla?
Come and Join us, we can help you realize this idea and help you discover how you can use Joomla to build websites from scratch, without any programming knowledge.
This Joomla training course is designed with the goal to provide skills for people to create websites. Software developer, programmer can use Joomla to develop website to save time. The training provides you more information on useful modules, plugins and components that are available in JED website which makes it easier for you to develop websites in Joomla platform. By the end of the training, you can develop websites for educational institutions, business and corporate houses, government and private organizations. You can also develop eCommerce application using Joomla.
Why Joomla Training at IT Training Nepal?
The course syllabus, training approach and high quality expert advice from the professional makes our Joomla training highly result oriented. Joomla training course is conducted by professionals and experts who have years of experience working with various versions of Joomla CMS. They can provide insights and suggestion on hundreds of Joomla extensions that can be used to create desired features in the website.
Our knowledge and contribution towards Joomla can be acknowledge by the fact that we have developed few extensions in Joomla and contributed them to be used freely by the Joomla community. Those extensions are listed in Joomla Modules section of our website. The extensions were developed by trainers and students during Joomla training. However, concept on Joomla extension development is taught in advanced Joomla course.
Moreover, we have conducted International training for website development using Joomla CMS at Royal University of Bhutan, under Asian Development Bank.
How is Joomla Course designed?
Joomla Training is mainly focused on teaching the Administration section. This will equip you with the knowledge of creating a website or a web based application without customizing the codes. You will mainly learn to use free modules, plugins, components and free extensions to create required features in Joomla.
Rather than customizing HTML, CSS or PHP, we will deal with the in-built features provided by Joomla Administration.
Note: This is not a developer track, you need to refer to Advanced Joomla Training course if you are a PHP and MySQL program. After completing the basic Joomla Training, student can join Joomla Advanced Training in which they learn about Joomla extension development and customization.
How are Joomla Classes conducted?
This is a hands-on training course, therefore, the training sessions are mostly conducted using PowerPoint Presentations and demonstration. All the resources and learning materials required during the training will be provided by the training institute.
It will normally take 1 to 1.5 months to complete the course. Joomla classes can be conducted in fast track mode as well. In fast track mode, we normally complete the syllabus in a week or two. Joomla course can be customized as per the learners requirements. Joomla classes are available at Morning, Day and Evening Shift. Please visit our training center to find out more on Joomla Course.
- Install, upgrade and backup Joomla
- Understand and use built-in features in Joomla Administration.
- Manage website content like images, articles, videos, etc. using Joomla CMS
- Install, manage and remove Joomla templates and extensions
- Develop website in Joomla from scratch
- Host and Manage Joomla website
- Get knowledge on finding Joomla extensions like module, plugins and extensions.
Who can join Joomla Training?
- Anyone who wants to develop websites by themselves without the hassle of learning programming languages.
- Owner of Joomla website developed by third party.
- Webmasters or IT personnel in an organization who is given the responsibility of maintaining Joomla websites.
- Small and medium sized businesses who wants to develop website in cheap cost and don't want to bear high cost for managing the website.
- PHP and MySQL Programmers who want to save time doing custom PHP websites from scratch.
- Web Designers who have little knowledge of PHP programming and wants to develop websites.
Prerequisites of Joomla Training
While a basic HTML and CSS knowledge would be helpful, however it is not compulsory. Joomla based website development is actually intended for people who have little or no programming background. So there is no pre-requisites before joining Joomla Training Course. We assume that you have no experience of using Joomla beforehand.
Module 1: Joomla Administration Training
The course syllabus pertains to the latest Joomla version that is released at the Joomla official website. Some of the topics in the course outline may be excluded from the latest releases and therefore may not be covered in the training. However, we welcome queries from any version.
- Introduction to open source software and Joomla
- Joomla installation and setup
- Developing Sections, Categories and Articles
- Edit content using various WYSIWYG editor
- Load media and insert it into content
- Plan content with your visitors in mind
- Add Polls, Contact Forms
- Menu Manager, Add Menu and alias
- Managing Global configuration
- SEF urls
- Set keywords & descriptions
- Create image galleries
- Share documents for download
- Generating SEO friendly urls in Joomla
Module 2: Joomla Layout and Design
- Install and Manage Templates
- Change front page layout
- Customizing Joomla Template to match your need
- Change innerpage template as required
Module 3: Joomla Extension (Modules, Plugins and Component)
- What is extension?
- Installing Modules, Plugins and Components
- Configuring Parameters for Extensions
- Downloading Popular Extensions
Module 4: Project Work in Joomla
After the completion of the course, trainee will be associated in the project work where he or she will develop the projects as mentioned below.
- Educational website
- News Portal
- Trekking and Travel websites
This course is best suited for a candidate seeking a career in IT Companies as a Joomla developer. There is a great scope for candidates having knowledge of Joomla. Many web development companies in Kathmandu are working in Joomla Platform to create websites and web based application. Having completed this course, one can work as a Joomla developer with an starting salary ranging from 10K to 15K.
Moreover, learners having knowledge of Joomla along with PHP are more likely to get a better position in a web development company. .
The course was truly helpful in my endeavor of gaining mastery on Joomla. Thank you so much for passionate and knowledgeable environment. I can confidently work on template, component and module and the knowledge of programming and packing extension is really helping in my work. Thank you.
Previously I had knowledge of basic Joomla only. After completion of Training here at ITTN I can develop my own custom module and components. Thank you guys!!