A content Management System is an administrative panel of a website. It allows website administrators and webmasters to manage users and website contents like images, text, documents, videos, contacts, newsletters, news etc. We can also find php based free open source CMS like Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Django, DotNetNuke and so on.
Students will develop a basic Content Management System (CMS) in PHP during their first phase of PHP training i.e. after 3 weeks of PHP training.
The following things are implemented in the project using PHP in procedural way.
- session handling for authentication
- user access level privilege
- concept of database, relationships and SQL
- User defined functions to reuse code.
- Editor integration
- Uploading images
- Displaying images in the required size by proportionally cropping the image using PHP.
- Emailing in PHP
- Jquery integration for portfolio page and homepage slider
- Use of AJAX to assign pages to be displayed on the homepage. User can select different homepage sections and assign a page id to display in it. It is in the homepage of administration section.