The template listed in these section are contributed by students who have completed their advanced Joomla training course. Joomla template development is a part of Advanced Joomla Training course.
There are two types of Joomla templates;
- Frontend template:
- Back-end template controls mode of presenting administrative tasks used to control management functions by Joomla Administrator. Front -end panels how your website along with content is presented to viewers.
The inserted template is tailored so as to inherit the stylesheet (CSS) defined in the template itself like link styles, menus, navigation, text size and colors.
How do we teach to create Joomla Templates?
The process of creating Joomla template is different than creating html and css templates.
Students are taught to integrate custom design in the Joomla website in two different ways.
- The first way is to integrate custom HTML and CSS in one of the installed Joomla template.
- The other way is to develop a Joomla template based on guidelines provided by Joomla.
Joomla templates are designed in a way that it separates the coding with the presentation. Joomla template controls the layout of the complete website and content. You can develop any types of websites using Joomla templates.
We will provide knowledge to build a custom Joomla template that automatically tailors and sizes content for a wide range of displays, from desktops to mobile devices. We provide start-to-finish development strategy form converting the wireframe to HTML, to styling headers and footers.
We will teach you how to use Joomla and the Bootstrap framework to create unique designs efficiently. Creating dropdown menu, modifying template, working with advance feature like overrides are other key components in our project.
Good understanding of how Joomla works and knowledge of CSS, HTML and Photoshop would come handy during the project.
- Download the Joomla template, and copy it in some location of your computer. The downloaded file is a zip file.
- Login as an administrator and browse to Extension->Extension Manager and upload the file.
- Go to Extension->Template Manager. Check the checkbox left to template and mark it as default. Refresh the website front end, you will find that the template has been changed.
Advantages of learning Joomla Template Development
- Complete separation of content and presentation.
- Complete new layout of the website can be done by applying new template and instantly
The Joomla templates listed in these sections are created for specific Joomla versions. If you want to use it for your Joomla websites, you have to make sure that the template is compatible with your Joomla version. If you want a professional Joomla template, you can contact us via email we will design high quality templates that match your needs.